• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 S Large Date Double Die?

12 posts in this topic

Picture is too out of focus to say for sure. Can you take a clear close up of the area you think is doubled. We need to be able to see the details to tell whether it is doubled or not.

Hi TON,

I can't tell from the pics provided either.  If you could provide crisper photos, I'm sure we could help you out :) 

TON-

This is a photo of one of the many 1970 DD Cents. It gives you an Idea of why we have to have larger clear photos in able to see the detail in the doubling.

1088645220_1970centDD.jpg.9db1243927830a83206968de25d40996.jpg

There are some varieties that are not even as pronounced as this.

11 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Hi TON,

I can't tell from the pics provided either.  If you could provide crisper photos, I'm sure we could help you out :) 

EC7DB678-107F-4E50-8365-EFB7B09D23F9.jpeg

Edited by TON Collection

Agreed with Greenstang, TON.....I don't think you have a DDO on your hands.

4 minutes ago, TON Collection said:

Well at least I got the large date thing down. Lol

That you do, TON.  That's an important piece of knowledge, too.  I had a hell of a time telling the difference between a 1970-S Small Date and a Large Date when I got started.  But then one day it just clicked.

~Tom

Edited by Mohawk

On 7/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, Greenstang said:

TON-

This is a photo of one of the many 1970 DD Cents. It gives you an Idea of why we have to have larger clear photos in able to see the detail in the doubling.

1088645220_1970centDD.jpg.9db1243927830a83206968de25d40996.jpg

There are some varieties that are not even as pronounced as this.

I have one that matches this one exactly. The liberty is dead on exactly to mine. I am going to get some quality pics greenstang tel me what you think please.

Edited by TON Collection