• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just seeing if odd die color are right for the year

4 posts in this topic

Well to me the die just don't seems to match, with other same years of color of die .or just something about the lamination and no shine .well thanks to all who helps and view .as well gm to and have awesome day we are alive to hunt again ;)😎

2019-07-08-08-50-57-851.jpg

2019-07-08-08-52-36-468.jpg

Not unusual for copper coins to be different colours. Chemical and environmental toning can change them to many different hues. It has nothing to do with the dies or the striking of the coins at the Mint.

Greenstang has this one just right R420Coins, as he usually does :).  Copper coins can display a variety of colors that they acquire from circulation and environmental conditions and all of your coins have hues that I've seen on US and Canadian cents in the past.  If your copper is old enough and exposed to the right conditions, it can even turn green.  Here's an example of that I recently acquired.  It's a Roman Sestertius of Empress Faustina the Younger from the late 140's CE or the early 150's CE:

image.thumb.png.db178cb469ac8e9ad45fe86c26441b57.png

Well as always. You guys are there to help thanks.i think I'm just going to just seek good coins to make a set and sell lol Because I'm not have any luck finding the good things lmao. So I'm just going to make 50s to 59 sets and 60s to 69 set and 70s to 79 sets. Then just sell it from $20 to $30 lol maybe that will work better. Lol anyway you guys thanks again