• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1886 Indian cent missing 8

10 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Greenstang said:

It might have been from a partially grease filled die. Nothing major.

Agreed.  A partially grease filled die would easily explain what we're seeing with this cent.

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

Agreed.  A partially grease filled die would easily explain what we're seeing with this cent.

By the way Mohock the Eisenhower underweight planchet on 90 percent is gonna be here Saturday and I have not looked online to see what NGC said about it

3 hours ago, TON Collection said:

By the way Mohock the Eisenhower underweight planchet on 90 percent is gonna be here Saturday and I have not looked online to see what NGC said about it

Be sure and update that thread when you find out. I am curious to see what that turned out to be.

4 hours ago, TON Collection said:

Tom, what is it about your handle that causes it to get butchered so often? I wouldn't have thought it likely.

4 hours ago, TON Collection said:

Yes, please update us on it when you know.  I'm very interested in knowing how it turned out!

18 minutes ago, JKK said:

Tom, what is it about your handle that causes it to get butchered so often? I wouldn't have thought it likely.

You know, Jonathan, I don't know what it is about my handle.  Maybe most members of the boards aren't fans of the Gremlins movies.......I use a similar name on eBay and I've actually had people there think I'm a Native member of the Mohawk Tribe because of it.  Being that my father's family hailed from Constantinople originally and they didn't emigrate until the 1930's and my mother's Danziger family left even later than that, my guess is that I'm likely everything aside from Native American.  I've worried that I've inadvertently offended people who actually are of Mohawk Native ancestry with my innocently made handle before.   Maybe I need a new handle....... 

Edited by Mohawk

7 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Be sure and update that thread when you find out. I am curious to see what that turned out to be.

I Absolutely will bob. Even if it’s something disappointing I most definitely will.  

Edited by TON Collection
Fix