• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with an odd coin!

3 posts in this topic

So a little background after a family member passed a couple of years ago I received their extensive foreign coin collection.  Fast forward to now I'm finally going through it and trying to find values, etc.  Today I ran across a weird one it looks Third Reich but doesn't match anything I've searched for online. Outside of what I assume to be German on the front and the 4 on the back there is no date or other writing and it is oddly heavy for a coin too.  Does anyone recognize this coin? Thanks much appreciated.

20190628_130926.jpg

20190628_130942.jpg

Hello and welcome to the boards!! Oddly enough what you have there is not a coin, but rather a medal. If I am not mistaken this is a medal awarded for long service in the Wehrmacht (explained further below). This is a German medal that was essentially awarded to members of the Army, Navy, and Air Force for loyal and extended service. In this case for 4 years of service. I may be completely wrong as German medals were never my expertise so if anyone knows better please feel free to correct me. 

Here is a link with more information. 

Click here for more info

8 hours ago, coinsandmedals said:

Hello and welcome to the boards!! Oddly enough what you have there is not a coin, but rather a medal. If I am not mistaken this is a medal awarded for long service in the Wehrmacht (explained further below). This is a German medal that was essentially awarded to members of the Army, Navy, and Air Force for loyal and extended service. In this case for 4 years of service. I may be completely wrong as German medals were never my expertise so if anyone knows better please feel free to correct me. 

Here is a link with more information. 

Click here for more info

I think Don's right on with this one based on the research I've done as well.  Looks like a 4 year Wehrmacht service medal to me as well.