• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with an odd coin!

3 posts in this topic

So a little background after a family member passed a couple of years ago I received their extensive foreign coin collection.  Fast forward to now I'm finally going through it and trying to find values, etc.  Today I ran across a weird one it looks Third Reich but doesn't match anything I've searched for online. Outside of what I assume to be German on the front and the 4 on the back there is no date or other writing and it is oddly heavy for a coin too.  Does anyone recognize this coin? Thanks much appreciated.

20190628_130926.jpg

20190628_130942.jpg

Hello and welcome to the boards!! Oddly enough what you have there is not a coin, but rather a medal. If I am not mistaken this is a medal awarded for long service in the Wehrmacht (explained further below). This is a German medal that was essentially awarded to members of the Army, Navy, and Air Force for loyal and extended service. In this case for 4 years of service. I may be completely wrong as German medals were never my expertise so if anyone knows better please feel free to correct me. 

Here is a link with more information. 

Click here for more info

Edited by coinsandmedals
Added the link

8 hours ago, coinsandmedals said:

Hello and welcome to the boards!! Oddly enough what you have there is not a coin, but rather a medal. If I am not mistaken this is a medal awarded for long service in the Wehrmacht (explained further below). This is a German medal that was essentially awarded to members of the Army, Navy, and Air Force for loyal and extended service. In this case for 4 years of service. I may be completely wrong as German medals were never my expertise so if anyone knows better please feel free to correct me. 

Here is a link with more information. 

Click here for more info

I think Don's right on with this one based on the research I've done as well.  Looks like a 4 year Wehrmacht service medal to me as well.