• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth grading ?

5 posts in this topic

I've never had anything graded.

Worth grading?  Put it next to an old silver coin for contrast. 

Any thoughts? Thanks 

IMG_3285.jpg

2 hours ago, VanArippa said:

That was a stupid question. I apologize. 

Not really. People have coins slabbed for many reasons, some of which might seem odd or different or a waste of money to other people. I have seen other coins in slabs that were graded simply because they were colorful like yours. Everyone has different reasons for doing things, and,in this case, there really is no right or wrong. I would leave it in the Airtite, if it were mine, but you do what you like.

BTW, that '56 looks like a proof.

For what it is worth, I have never had anything graded, either.

3 hours ago, VanArippa said:

That was a stupid question. I apologize. 

Don't apologize.....it was far from a stupid question!  We all have to learn the ins and outs of the hobby somehow.  It's better to ask, if you genuinely want to learn, than it is not to.

I have had a few things graded that "were'nt worth grading".  In fact, just this month, I submitted the Apollo 11 Half Dollar and related reverse proof Kennedy Half for grading.  I think it is probably not worth it, but I just keep fingers crossed the coins grade as 70's.  Most of the time its just less expensive to find the coin you want slabbed, already slabbed for you.