• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLLY SH$T 🤑

25 posts in this topic

It is not the "famous" one, DDO-001, and the date is not close or clear enough to tell if it is DDO-002.

Here is the DDO- 001:

1969SDDO001 Potter LIB of LIBERTY.jpg

1969SDDO001 Potter GOD.jpg

1969SDDO001 Potter date.jpg

6 hours ago, Collector3745 said:

Bob it looks just like mine 

Sorry no ... The real DDO1 will make it look like the coin is blurred ... though its just the doubling effect.

You were shown actual pictures of one and they are not even close ...

Keep looking though 

Remember you have light properly then shoot straight down otherwise you will get shadowing of the lettering that will look like doubling 

but actually is a lighting anomaly

In your last image of LIBERTY it looks like machine dobling SIDEWAYS (horizontally).  On the major DDO the doubling is VERTICAL.  On the third from last image it LOOKS like vertical doubling from camera movement when the image was shot.

16 hours ago, Collector3745 said:

Bob it looks just like mine 

I know that you want your coin to be a DDO-001, and be rare and valuable, and I don't blame you one bit. I would want it too. But I, and the other responders are not trying to be mean, or to burst your bubble. We are just being honest. If your coin were the real thing, every person on these boards would be able to tell it just from looking at your very first picture. It would be that obvious. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and pictures with different lighting and from different angles will not change that fact.

7 minutes ago, justglass said:

You people are so nice here on NGC!!!!!  I'm afraid to ask other groups questions. Ethel

Thank you.:blush:

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

17 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I know that you want your coin to be a DDO-001, and be rare and valuable, and I don't blame you one bit. I would want it too. But I, and the other responders are not trying to be mean, or to burst your bubble. We are just being honest. If your coin were the real thing, every person on these boards would be able to tell it just from looking at your very first picture. It would be that obvious. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and pictures with different lighting and from different angles will not change that fact.

9FA8BF39-BF3E-48A9-AFA6-BC14C281D599.jpeg

19 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I understand that bob! Is this a better pic? I have been studying this coin for ten long years. Thanks for the doughts!

840D4E83-725C-4254-86DC-108A95ECD0DF.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Collector3745 said:

Is this a better pic?

It shows the mechanical doubling in a different light. It also proves my point.

2 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

My point is that none of your pictures shows a 1969-S DDO-001.

Wow.....you're a patient man, Bob, much more so than I.  This guy's the next Travis Hale.

27 minutes ago, Collector3745 said:

I understand that bob! Is this a better pic? I have been studying this coin for ten long years. Thanks for the doughts!

840D4E83-725C-4254-86DC-108A95ECD0DF.jpeg

Sorry bob I miss read your comment yes you are 100% right about the angle and the lighting while searching for Doubled die coins I guess I apologize for all the pictures I posted while searching for this coin with terrible lighting i guess I wasn’t thinking about what everyone else seen because I new I had found the 1969s Doubled die Lincoln cent! I will post know more pictures unless I find something really cool. Apologies to all!

1 minute ago, Mohawk said:

Wow.....you're a patient man, Bob, much more so than I.  This guy's the next Travis Hale.

I think we should start calling him St. Bob rather than Just Bob. There's no 'Just' about it--he has beatific patience.

Just now, JKK said:

I think we should start calling him St. Bob rather than Just Bob. There's no 'Just' about it--he has beatific patience.

I think you may be right Jonathan......Bob's level of patience is astounding!  The fact that he's still hanging in there with Collector3745 says a ton!