• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1958 Doubled die obverse

10 posts in this topic

That is not a Doubled Die, it is Machine Doubling as stated on your other thread.

This is a picture of a genuine 1958 DD and yours is nothing like it.

527913582_1958DDCent.jpg.0c967d8ce7c21a2a0b928073d53f628f.jpg

That is most definitely not a double die. Not even close. Also, if you’re going to seek advice it would serve you well not to be belligerent to people who are trying to help. If you have patience and approach things in an unbiased way you’ll find that people like Mohawk can be a very valuable resource for things like this. 

One thing people should learn at one point in life is that, when speaking in a public situation, one isn't just talking to the person one claims to be addressing. Everyone else is also observing and drawing conclusions. Thus, a blithe statement of alienation toward one member--who may go out of his way to help people for free on a consistent basis--is likely to alienate the rest.

Put another way, OP, keep talking like that and your questions will probably get crickets from almost everyone. Just Bob will be the last person who tries to help, because he has this really kind streak and is more patient than some of us, but eventually even he will have had it.

Oh, and that's not a double die, and you probably spent $20+ in order to learn that you have an uncirculated Lincoln cent worth $0.05. But if it's your money, it's your choice, and at least this way you'll definitely gain knowledge. Spendy tuition when said knowledge is on offer free of charge, but again, your money and your choice.

2 hours ago, Collector3745 said:

So here is my 1958 Doubled die obverse only 4 known very very Rare Lincoln cent! I was curious on what u all think this will grade an value at by ngc? And Mohawk I don’t need your comments on this matter or any other opinions! Thanks everyone 

39A21CA8-E116-4967-8A84-FEA251E72485.jpeg

AC994D80-5947-4A08-AD53-A65066251608.jpeg

You don't have to worry about me replying to you ever again......I'm ignoring you now.  And, one last time, not even close to a Doubled Die.  You have a lot to learn if you're going to be successful in this hobby and you seem highly unwilling to learn from anyone who says anything you don't want to hear.....much like another member on this board who isn't doing so well.  But no worries.  I'll never try to help you again.

8 hours ago, Greenstang said:

This is a picture of a genuine 1958 DD and yours is nothing like it.

No that is a picture of the MAJOR DDO known for this date.  That does not mean that other DDO's would have to look like that.  Common problem on forums.  If someone asks about a doubled die and it isn't the MAJOR one everyone just dismisses it as no possibility.

I think there may actually be something on the TY but his pictures aren't sharp enough to tell for sure what it is.

Condor101

No that is a picture of the MAJOR DDO known for this date.

I realise what your saying and agree but in this case the OP was referring to the Major DD in his statement

so that is why I showed the picture so he could see he is nowhere close to the "big one". I know of at least one

other DD in the 1958 Lincoln but it is a minor one.

So here is my 1958 Doubled die obverse only 4 known very very Rare Lincoln cent!

6 hours ago, Conder101 said:

No that is a picture of the MAJOR DDO known for this date.  That does not mean that other DDO's would have to look like that.  Common problem on forums.  If someone asks about a doubled die and it isn't the MAJOR one everyone just dismisses it as no possibility.

I think there may actually be something on the TY but his pictures aren't sharp enough to tell for sure what it is.

I will agree to disagree on this one … unless better ore acurate pictures are posted.

j