• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Adds Important New Designations

36 posts in this topic

Is it free for everyone or free for the people who had their coins in a Roosevelt registry set before they made the announcement? I thought that's what D*vid H*ll said.

From what I read on the PCGS site the free re-grading for FT on Roosevelts was only for those coins already registered in a PCGS Roosevelt Registry Set as of midnight of the night that HRH announced the new designation. That precludes free analysis of approximately 98% of the PCGS slabbed Roosevelt dimes.

I guess I should have asked this in my previous reply but it slipped my mind; will NGC give the PL and/or DMPL designation to AU coins or do they have to be MS or PF?

Can I just post here for no other reason than being sick of seeing gmarguli 3/31/03?

Can I just post here for no other reason than being sick of seeing gmarguli 3/31/03?

I hope someone on your plane has SARS and you have to land and be quarantined in New Jersey.

I hope someone on your plane has SARS and you have to land and be quarantined in New Jersey

You're really insensitive. What did those New Jersey natives do to have to put up with TJ? Best scenario is that he gets quarantined in France and stays there.

You're really insensitive.

This SARS stuff isn't funny! My Royals are going up to Toronto tomorrow! Just what we need during our Greatest Season Ever (15-3)... the whole team drops dead of some weird disease. Fantastic. "Baseball Fever" has a whole new meaning now, eh?

My Royals are going up to Toronto tomorrow! Just what we need during our Greatest Season Ever (15-3)... the whole team drops dead of some weird disease. Fantastic. "Baseball Fever" has a whole new meaning now, eh?

At least you probably won't have to worry about Blue Jay fans attacking your team up there.

You're really insensitive.

You're right. NJ doesn't deserve TJ. However, he'd be happy in france. Perhaps we can pick some middle ground. Perhaps some frozen island off of Russia?

My Royals are going up to Toronto tomorrow! Just what we need during our Greatest Season Ever (15-3)... the whole team drops dead of some weird disease. Fantastic. "Baseball Fever" has a whole new meaning now, eh?

At least if they all died now you could be left with the thoughts of "what if". If they play out the season they are just going to fall back down to earth and end the season 75-87.

I'm a PGCS bigot.

I have lots of registry set points.

I collect plastic.

I'm stupid.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think you forgot:

Have some Kool-Aid®!

grin.gif

Don't worry, MK, I wasn't gratuitously ripping on your Royals. I was being objective. Heck, when I followed baseball closely, until the strike of '94, I was a huge Mets fan! Feel free to let loose.

I still do follow them loosely, however, the intensity of it is nothing like it was before the last strike. As far as I am concerned, that last strike drove me forever away from MLB as a serious fan and also drove away my money.

The Mets break my heart! Yet, I will remain true to them until the end...

EVP, the Mets called while you were out. They said the end is here. 8 errors today. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Honestly, I just don't know why they don't admit they suck and rebuild. Their story of being so close to having a good team isn't fooling anyone.

No, I didn't forget about the 27 K's. I hope Steve Philips gets fired. And, I don't think Art Howe is doing a stellar job either. I mean, what's with playing fat Mo when Tony Clark has an .800 SLG and nearly a .300 BA?

And, why give Cedeno *any* playing time? The OF should be Floyd, Shinjo/Timo and Raul Gonzalez. The IF should be Ty at 3B, Rey at SS, Robbie at 2B and Clark at 1B.

Speaking of Rey, did you know that Ordonez is the D'Rays best slugger right now? He has 9 2Bs and 3 HRs already! How's that for weird?!?

Heilman is tearing up AAA and should be ready for the bigs whenever the Mets need him. This year is already hopeless, so they should wait until next year so as not to waste a valuable year of indentured servitude. Reyes, unfortunately, is not doing so well in the minors right now (AA or AAA?). He has few BBs, and that's a bad sign because in the bigs the pitchers will not be throwing fastballs down the middle!

The good news is that Piazza seems to have found his stroke. The bad news is that his defense is as before.

All in all, the Mets are a sorry team.

Check out a recent article about them in the NY Times online.

EVP

I wouldn't blame Art Howe. You can't win without talent and the Mets aren't exactly a team full of talent. Blame him if your team gets to the post season and he helps them blow it.

The Mets have to play SuMO Vaughn. He's making $17,166,667. I'm sure the Mets would love him to produce anything so they could trade him and a massive amount of cash to any team that would listen. At least he hit a HR today and helped the Mets close the gap to 13-3. smirk.gif

The good news about Piazza is that he is only a dozen or so home runs away from the title of most HRs by a catcher. That's what he is playing for. He can then move to 1st if they clear Mo. Otherwise he is stuck as a catcher. Personally, I'm hoping they move him to short stop. grin.gif

As for Cedeno, I'm loving it. I watched him stink up the out field for the Dodgers for far too long. He had one good year for the Mets and they fell in love with him. No team is taking him and his $11,000,000 (?) remaining salary off the hands of the Mets.

I did see where Ordonez was hitting up a storm. We know that won't last. He's probably the worst major league hitter that isn't a pitcher. The fact that Philips was able to trade him was a miracle. And to think it only took him insulting the fans to get traded. laugh.gif

As if matters couldn't get any worse for the Mets, their only hitter, Piazza, is now day-to-day with an enflamed knee.

I read somewhere that Wilpon told Howe that he should not feel pressured to play anyone due to salary considerations. That's good to hear, but I've always felt that Wilpon was part of the problem...

Finally, what on earth happened to the pitching?!?

frown.gif

EVP