• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan Grading Tips Wanted

5 posts in this topic

I have spent the past 18 months really schooling myself on Morgan dollars and grading of them. I have 15 different date San Francisco, 1883-S forward raw uncirculated Morgans I have been acquiring the past nine months and I'm ready to send in for grading. They are nice coins about 63's and up in my opinion.

Should I send them in all together? Is there and advantage to doing so? How do most of you ship to NGC, box or padded bubble wrap envelope? What do you about insurance when shipping? In the past I just used the NGC grade I thought the coin is. Is that a good method?

Any other suggestions and tips are appreciated.

IMG_0240.jpg

Those look like PVC flips. 

I realize that does not answer any of your questions, but if they do contain plasticizers,  you will not want to leave those Morgans in there for very long.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. The flips are uPVC (Unplasticized). Packaging states they are ideal for coin and storage free from plasticizers. Would they still be a danger?

Thanks.

They should be fine. They just look like some of the older ones that were bad to leave a film on coins.

Nice set of Morgans,  by the way.