• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its Almost 2026

7 posts in this topic

I think it is generally agreed that the Mint (actually all the people above the Mint that makes the decisions for the Mint) generally screwed up when producing coins for our Nations Bicentennial in 1976.  I would like to see a coin program start next year, 2020, that would place Franklin back on the half with a different historical subject pertaining to the Revolutionary Period on the reverse, each year through 2026.  2020 could  be Franklin Obverse, Boston Massacre Reverse, with a dual date 1770-2020.  The Halves would be available in silver or cn, and special educational packages with the cn half would be available for  6.00 postpaid to benefit elementary aged school children.   What are your Ideas???

PS-Kennedy would no longer be on the Half Dollar starting 2020 and the Franklin design on the obverse would be different than the one on the original Franklin Half. 

massacre.jpg

It's an interesting idea. I don't know if we really need ANOTHER celebratory / circulating commemorative coin program right now but it's an interesting idea. I do like the idea of celebrating 250 years as a nation in the coinage somehow (assuming we make it that far at the rate we're going).

About all I can say is, if you want something to happen, write your congressional people - US House of Reps and Senators. They'd have to pass a law to authorize / order the mint to do something so that's your first step really.

1 minute ago, Revenant said:

It's an interesting idea. I don't know if we really need ANOTHER celebratory / circulating commemorative coin program right now but it's an interesting idea. I do like the idea of celebrating 250 years as a nation in the coinage somehow (assuming we make it that far at the rate we're going).

About all I can say is, if you want something to happen, write your congressional people - US House of Reps and Senators. They'd have to pass a law to authorize / order the mint to do something so that's your first step really.

I have a friend in Pennsylvania coin circles that might provide an ear to my ideas.  Tom was recently appointed head of the CCAC, He is the President of PAN, and also a member of my local club.  Tom is also running for ANA VP.   I plan to hit him up with my thoughts. It will probably go nowhere but at least he is in a position to influence decisions and maybe I can plant a seed. 

1 minute ago, Mokiechan said:

I have a friend in Pennsylvania coin circles that might provide an ear to my ideas.  Tom was recently appointed head of the CCAC, He is the President of PAN, and also a member of my local club.  Tom is also running for ANA VP.   I plan to hit him up with my thoughts. It will probably go nowhere but at least he is in a position to influence decisions and maybe I can plant a seed. 

I think you'll have more success getting "something" done for the 250th, as opposed to getting your specific idea implemented. Nothing survives committee. lol 

2 hours ago, Revenant said:

I think you'll have more success getting "something" done for the 250th, as opposed to getting your specific idea implemented. Nothing survives committee. lol 

Agreed, hence the "What are your ideas?" disclaimer.