• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reholdering Question

3 posts in this topic

Do you guys know the answer to this question:

I normally submit my Morgans in 5 to 10 coin lots, it's all I can afford at any one time - ha ha. I purchased a PCGS coin today, plan on submitting it to NGC. The NGC form has a section of reholdering. Since this this is the only one I have, would I submit this as a batch of one or can it be included with raw coins like I'm used to submitting?

The obvious issue is I don't want to pay for 5 to 10 times for reholdering if there is only one coin in the lot that requires it, thanks. 

I posted this in the 'Ask NGC' forum but it's been over 24 hours and they haven't reviewed / unlocked the thread, thanks.

Another thing you need to consider is that you have say "only if it grades the same or higher". I have had several come back as not making the grade. They will usually tell you why. I have gotten "spots" ,"marks","not ucam" etc. Especially on ms70 or pf70. They dont seem to be as hard on lower grades. If it does not make the grade they will leave it in the holder and return it. They apparently make sure it is of equal grade before breaking it out.  I cant address your original question as i have mostly sent in batches greater than 5.