• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

need help

2 posts in this topic

I have a coin that a friend of mine who is a NGC member sent off for me to be graded  I would like to sell it but do not know the best place/steps   It is an 1812 bust half dollar large 8 VF details polished    I live in MO. and have tried a few "coin buyers" but no one seems to have a need  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without seeing it, generally a details VF will sell for what a raw fine would. That would be in the $100 range. Most bust half collectors are looking for "straight graded" coins ie. not details.

There is a marketplace here on this site, if you know what price you want for it and can take some decent pictures, you can try here. It may be hard without any reputation.

Ebay would be another way. It will sell in auction, but I do not know for how much.  Or you could list it buy it now. 

You can google coin shows in your area and take it there.

You could take it to a local coin shop and see what they say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites