• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caribbean Hoard - Info please

3 posts in this topic

Hello people,

I am looking for any information regarding the Caribbean Hoard.

I posted in Ask NGC, but don’t think the topic passed muster.

All the coins I have seen from this hoard seem to be small denomination French Colonial Sou Marque coins.

Does anyone have any further info on this hoard they can share, I.e. location/date found or any other mentions?

I did an extensive web search, and the only results I got were coins similar to my recent acquisition.

Thanks in advance,

William

6C19B2B2-CEDC-4F82-844B-DDE727AC2C04.jpeg

D5FBF7BF-8FA7-4271-B013-FFF1B35F0A45.jpeg

I don't have any information about the hoard but I can point out two things about the holder that might interest you.  The seven digit number before the hyphen is the invoice number and larger numbers generally mean they were encapsulated more recently.  The three digit number after the hyphen is the number of the specific item on the invoice.  In this case there were at least 112 items on the same invoice.  If all of the items on the invoice were coins from this hoard than you know there were at least 112 of them.  By submitting other numbers into the NGC certification form you can see what else might be part of this hoard.

image.thumb.png.1facc40becfe494727614df2b7d1b23c.png