• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First!

12 posts in this topic

Great "corn" there Arch! smile.gif

Just one question: What the hell is a BlackBerry phone? (I HATE cell phone, I HATE cell phones... sumo.gif)

Hoot

Just one question: What the hell is a BlackBerry phone? (I HATE cell phone, I HATE cell phones... sumo.gif)

Hoot

Hoot, the greatest feature of the Blackberry cell phone is the fact that you can always eat it. Then, you can literally say that you are fed up with cell phones. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I hate them, too! But, I understand that some newer models also have the capability to transmit/receive credit card transactions/authorizations with one swipe of the card. I think that would be a huge benefit to coin dealers who travel to shows.

Chris

Hoot

Hoot, the greatest feature of the Blackberry cell phone is the fact that you can always eat it. Then, you can literally say that you are fed up with cell phones. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Excellent.

I hate them, too! But, I understand that some newer models also have the capability to transmit/receive credit card transactions/authorizations with one swipe of the card. I think that would be a huge benefit to coin dealers who travel to shows.

Chris

A great boon for thieves too! yay.gifflamed.gif

Hoot

How does one make a Jounal Entry? I tried twice last night and nothing happened or posted after all the trouble of typing it.

I don't care about Blackberry phones! I have trouble enough with the regular ones, plus cellphones with people calling me that I have absolutely no desire to speak with, ever.

How does one make a Jounal Entry? I tried twice last night and nothing happened or posted after all the trouble of typing it.

I don't care about Blackberry phones! I have trouble enough with the regular ones, plus cellphones with people calling me that I have absolutely no desire to speak with, ever.

OT3, I've misplaced your number. Would you give it to me again?

Chris

Chris

A great boon for thieves too! yay.gifflamed.gif

Hoot

Remember a few years back when someone built fake ATM's and put them in shopping malls? None of them worked, but when someone tried to use one it recorded their card number and PIN. Imagine how many transactions (under $500) could be processed with the cell phone. There would be nobody around to become suspicious or identify the thief.

Chris

• Administrator

Hi OT,

Some testing has shown that if you take long enough for your login to expire, then a new article won't save. We have some mechanisms in there to renew your login automatically when it expires, but it's not kicking in before saving the article. This should only show up as an issue when taking a good chunk of time to post an article with no other activity on the site. So a very fast posting would work great.

This should be a minor bug to clear up. We'll have it done shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Arch

Seems reasonable, therefore, to write the post in a text editor or other program, then log in and do a copy and paste. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hoot

• Administrator

We upped the timeout to about 60 minutes, but we also have a fix going in today that makes the time spent writing it irrelevant - take as long as you want. That fix should be in by this afternoon.