• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to ID some coins

4 posts in this topic

My Daughter and I recently acquired a large amount of uncleaned really old coins and are looking for some guidance as to finish cleaning and then figure out how to sell...long term project :-)  Any advise would be welcome!  And if anybody could help identify that would be cool.  

Cool.jpg

Good photos of obverses and reverses, please; also, weight in grams of each, and diameter in mm. Your potential helpers are hamstrung without that information.

I wouldn't clean them any more than they have been, just based on what I can see. For those that we may not be able to ID, I think corrosion will be the reason, not remaining crudulation from the coin ball in which they were probably found.

Thank you for the feed back.  We picked up a very large lot...seven pounds.  Little grey/brown lumps and we've been figuring out how to clean them over the past year and a half.  It's a blast but I do think we have some very nice coins in this mess.  Were should I post pics?  I'll have to get some hardware for weight and measurements. What am I supposed to do with the gold/electrum slugs?  They must be worth something ;-)