• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adding Provenance on the slab for some world coins

2 posts in this topic

I have a few NGC graded coins for which there is no provenance mentioned on the slab but I do have the original tickets by the famous ex-owner of the coin. I have another couple of cases where the original ticket is missing but the coin is clearly identifiable from the auction pictures on the website of Spinks from where the coin was bought. How do I get these two provenances added to the slab? Would you recognize the second case by just the auction reference? Do I get the original tickets back if I send them in?

Edited to add if it is possible to include my name on the slab as well?

Thanks!

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The provenance and collection name may be added via Designation Review service, which is $12 per coin and includes a fresh label and holder. Include any supporting evidence for the provenance, such as the original lot tags or the date/lot number for the sale. If NGC can confirm the attribution it will add this to the label. Request that the lot tags be returned to you on the submission form. There's no specific box to check, so just write that in big letters wherever it will fit.