• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1972 complete sets

10 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2017 at 1:04 PM, Maribeth said:

Thank you for the inquiry. You will find a slot for the 2016 W Limited Edition Proof Set here: Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Proofs (Incl. Varieties) and Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties). You may also enter your certificate number in the 2016 W slot in Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Proofs.

1 hour ago, BellaNathan said:

Any certain year anyone would like to see like thisI would be happy to showI would be happy to show

49 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

40% silver proof Bicentennial set.  They thought they would be a runaway sell out so the authorization law required them to strike all 15 million sets.  Sales were not a good as they had hoped and the sets were still on sale through 1982 when they finally pulled them and melted down the unsold sets.  Unfortunately they apparently didn't keep good records and even to day there still are no final mintage figures for these coins.  But they are not rare, just interesting.

33 minutes ago, BellaNathan said:

This one one tricky

image.jpg

I am selling some things and will be putting stuff I have double on for auction unless anyone is looking for something particular on this site. But think they need to be graded first by NGC which I’m a elite member of

So far I haven't seen anything that you have posted that would be worth slabbing.  Cost to slab would exceed the value of the coins.  Now if you really do have a proof 1909 VDB cent THAT would be worth slabbing and frankly would pretty much have to be slabbed for most potential buyers to be interested.  BUT, better than 95% of all the claimed raw 1909 VDB proof cents that have been posted on the forums I've been on have NOT been proofs (and one of the slabbed proofs wasn't).