• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Various edgeview oversized holders

8 posts in this topic

I have NGC boxes for oversized holders and noticed the 5 oz ATB Coins come in at least 3 different holders; 2 larger holders (one solid white edgeview and one that is a translucent edgeview) neither of which fit in my NGC oversized holder box. The third type is smaller (roughly 6 1/2 inches high x 4 7/8 inches wide) that is an edgeview and a translucent material. This holder is the correct size for the NGC oversized holder box. I'm reluctant to send in ATB 5 Oz coins for grading because I'm don't know which holder they will come back to me in, and I don't know what to ask for on my invoice. Can you help me with this? The image below shows 2 of the types. The smaller one is perfect!

IMG_20180921_133604052.jpg

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. Depending on the size of the coin, NGC may use one of two oversized options to safely encapsulate the coin. The NGC storage box will fit holders with the measurements of 164 x 123mm in 3 different thicknesses. Please note that holder size and style has evolved over time and will continue to do so. If the coin is in an older style holder it may be beneficial to submit for a reholder. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/5758/NGC-Adds-New-Display-Box-Options/

What if you already have the extra large holders which are approximately 149x200mm. These have the National Park label to match the silver proof regular size quarters. I was told by NGC I cannot even get that label without submitting 100 or more coins. I would have to redo my entire collection. I would think if they make and sell the slabs they would make a holder. Thanks for any help. Storing these are a problem. 

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. When submitting a coin for a reholder you can retain the same style of label even if the coin is being placed in a different size holder. 

• Administrator

The coins in your picture were graded 7 years apart from each other and during that time the holder style and sizes have changed.   I am not sure what your last message is referring to. If I have confused you in any way please feel free to contact our customer service team as they may be able to assist you over the phone. Toll free 800-642-2646. 

Matt.

Thank you for your feedback. I take away the following:

1) the park Label can be retained when reholding to a smaller oversized slab to fit my NGC Box.

2) the oversized slabs have evolved and the newer oversized labs for the 5 oz coins are on the right of my picture.

Thanks.

DG

They are still slabbing in the extra large slab. As well as the other sizes. The biggest one is 7 and 5/8 by 5 and 3/4. The newest 2018 is exactly like the 1st 2010. These are the ones that I am looking for a storage box for. Thanks