• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where should I sale?

1 post in this topic

I have been getting several advertisements lately wanting me to consign my collection. I am sure this is common for a lot of us but it got me thinking if maybe I should. 

I am not as "into coins" as I once was, Some of this is just not having as much time but mostly because my eye sight is not what it use to be.  The eye sight is not terrible but I can tell that I do not see the details as well as I use to.

First I would like to say I am not in the need for the money at the moment so it is not like I need fast cash. They could set in the Safety Deposit box the next 20 years if now is not the right time to sale. So the first question is just that, Is this a good time to sale or should I wait?

I have several full sets (2c, 3cn, 3cn proof, Franklin 50c, Franklin 50c proof) and some partials 3cs.

I know about Heritage and Great collections. It seems like Great collections has lower fees but does Heritage have realized bid high enough to offset the cost? So the second question is where should I sale and why? Please let me know of other places also.

How should I sale the coins? Should I try to sale entire collection or just one at a time? 

Which coins go where? I have some modern halves I know would not go to a consignment place like HA or greatcollections so how would I liquidate those? Is there a certain dollar amount I try one place and and go someplace else with the others?

Thanks for the help