• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northern Mariana Islands Misprint

4 posts in this topic

I'll start off by saying I am in no way a coin collector, I just happen across interesting things from time to time.

Recently I found a Northern Mariana Islands state quarter. There are no ridges (not worn, never there), and the bottom part of the front design does not exist, no date nor mint mark. 

Also an interesting note is that while researching it, I could not find ANY images to match the reverse design on this coin.

So, I figured I'd try here and see where my researching may lead me. Any information or pointing in the direction of such info would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt.

IMG_20180826_203438.jpg

IMG_20180826_203428.jpg

I don't doubt you, but as I wish to learn more I have to ask. What sort of indications do you look for to be able to tell it is not a real coin? Now I'm almost more intrigued in finding what it is.

2 hours ago, MD711 said:

I don't doubt you, but as I wish to learn more I have to ask. What sort of indications do you look for to be able to tell it is not a real coin? Now I'm almost more intrigued in finding what it is.

It has no denomination, it says, "God Bless America, " instead of , " In God We Trust," it has the wrong date for a territorial quarter(they were minted in 2009), it says" United States," instead of "United States of America," and the designs do not match any known US coin.

As far as what it actually is, or from whence it came, I have no clue.(shrug)