• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Mint order

3 posts in this topic

I made my first two orders from the US Mint over the weekend.  I got an email yesterday and one today saying that the packages have shipped via FedEx Smartpost.  When I login to my US Mint account and check my order history both orders are listed as shipped, but when I search the tracking number on the FedEx website it just says “label created - shipping information sent to FedEx”.  One of the orders has that update yesterday 8/20 at 7:00pm and not further updates.

Is there reason to be concerned and should I contact the US Mint tomorrow or wait a few days?  My shipping time frame was 1-2 weeks so I may be worrying too soon.

Thanks!

You are worrying too soon.  As soon as the printing label is created it gets posted as "shipped" and FedEx gets notified but it still takes a little time before the package actually gets into their hands and they scan it into their system. It will probably show that they have received it within 24 hours or so.  Most places will tell you that something has shipped but they usually warn you that it may take 24 hours before the tracking actually shows it to be received by the carrier.