• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading notes?

8 posts in this topic

I just got my first coins graded at NGC and was curious if there is a way to see the grader notes (i.e. what defects were found, etc).  I do not see any comments on my submission status page, just the grades.  Apologies if this is an ignorant or repeated question : )

If you don't get an answer on this forum, you may want to try re-posting your question on the "Ask NGC" forum. The folks at NGC do not always monitor all of the open forums, so they might not see this for a while. I would be glad to answer if I knew, but I personally have never submitted a coin, so, unfortunately, I can't help.

By the way, did you get the grades you expected?

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Graders do enter notes on some coins, but these are for internal use only.

Thank you to everyone who provided great replies.  I appreciate that!  Just a quick follow up to my original posted question.  NGC responded to my inquiry through their website that they do not provide the grader's notes - period.  So, I guess that's that.  Strange since CGC provides notes when they grade comics.  I've also received notes from Beckett on graded cards before (different company but still a valid expectation from ALL grading companies, in my opinion).

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, Just Bob said:

If you don't get an answer on this forum, you may want to try re-posting your question on the "Ask NGC" forum. The folks at NGC do not always monitor all of the open forums, so they might not see this for a while. I would be glad to answer if I knew, but I personally have never submitted a coin, so, unfortunately, I can't help.

By the way, did you get the grades you expected?

To answer your question to me - all 9 of my 2018 S Reverse Proof Set Kennedys got a PF69.  I was hoping for at least a few PF70s, but no such luck.  They were removed from the sets and then to NGC.  That's why I wanted the notes : )

... For those who are curious, here is the email reply I got from NGC:

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. The graders do not give detailed graders notes. You can see the Sheldon grading scale information in the link below from the  WWW.NGCCOIN.COM website. Thank you for your time.

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-grading/grading-scale/