• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reholder and Label Question

2 posts in this topic

First,  please explain what the difference is between a "Reholder" and an "Upgrade to Scratch Resistant Holder"?  Also, I know I can choose a new label if I get a new holder but what if I just wanted a new label but not a new holder?  Sorry, this may seem silly but I'm sure you've heard it all.

Kathy

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. The standard encapsulation is included when submitting coins for grading. If you prefer the scratch-resistant holder, which is more durable, you can upgrade for $5 per coin. Please note that this service will apply to all coins on the particular invoice. The Walkthrough and Express grading tiers include the scratch-resistant holders but you must upgrade for all other tiers. 

The reholder service is requested for NGC graded coins that that require a new holder. When submitting for the reholder service you will automatically receive the scratch-resistant holder. You must select the reholder service in order to receive a new label as we must remove the coin from the original holder.