• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identifying Coins and Medals

7 posts in this topic

Going out on a limb here and saying the left one is a medallion of Jesus of Nazareth, the middle one is a Mexican souvenir coin of the Papal visit in 1979, and the right one is a commemorative of the 1857 United Mexican States constitution.

I don't know. Default guess would be melt, but that's just because that's the case pretty often. The only way to be sure is to search enough to find out what some examples have sold for.

The sad part is there is not much information about these online.  Which is why I was wondering if these were limited mintage or special issues.  But really appreciate your feedback. 

3 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

Next question is what are they made of?  Are they marked ?

Hi thanks for the reply.  They are all .900 Gold and unfortunately I do not see any markings especially for the one on the left.  Any idea as to what these medals or coins might be?