• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission questions

2 posts in this topic

I have a collection of approximately 1100 U.S. coins in various denominations, conditions, dates and error categories. How long does it normally take to get a set like this graded, and would it make sense to organize them in any particular way prior to submitting them, and if so, what would be the best way to do that? Will they all be carded and do I have a choice as to whether or not the get carded? What else do I need to know before submission?

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. To submit directly to NGC for grading you will need to become a paid member of our collector society or you can submit through an NGC authorized dealer. Please see the link below for our grading tiers and services which provides the cost per coin as well as the estimated turnaround time. When submitting coins for grading you must provide a separate submission form for each grading tier. Therefore it may be best to submit the coins in batches based on the qualifying grading tier. If you have 100 or more of the same type of coin you may qualify for our bulk program which allows you to chose the minimum acceptable grading. The bulk program is only available to our Elite Collector Society members and our NGC authorized dealers. For more information please contact our customer service at toll free 800-642-2646. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/services-fees/