• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2018 Reverse Silver Proof Set from San Francisco

3 posts in this topic

I actually would hate to break this set up and have all graded, and have separate pieces. Tough to Display and this is such a beautiful set. I would be willing to pay the same price on grading the 10 coins but I would love the option to keep them in the holders they are in. I think it would make a much better presentation. It could be done similar to the GSA grading with the tape. It could be graded as a set. 

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, NGC has to remove the coins from the original mint packaging to provide the individual grade per coin. While we have provided a grading "band" on select sets in the past, these programs are only available to Dealers who have committed to sending a very large bulk submission of sets which makes the process exclusive to them. The banded sets should be available on the secondary market in the near future. 

Thanks for the answer Matt. You guys should really do something for the little guy once in a while..... I know they are your bread and butter but we do deserve a shot once in a while.