• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 Gold and Silver Eagle Anniversary Set Question

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals,

I just joined NGC and want to submit a few coins for grading I am SUPER EXCITED!  But as a newbie in this topic I wanted to ask a few questions regarding this set I picked up from the flea market.  It is a 2006 Gold and Silver Eagle Anniversary Set  and I read online and got some mixed messages regarding coin being called "burnished" and regular eagles.  Is this set actually a "burnished" eagle set?  Is this set of coin really common and is it worth sending it in for grading? 

Thanks for all your helpful comments and advice!

20180723_164051.jpg

20180723_164102.jpg

20180723_164112.jpg

20180723_164121.jpg

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. The 2006 Eagles with a "W" mintmark are burnished coins. You will notice more of a matte finish and less shiny when compared to the standard bullion coins. I have copied our census information which shows how many we have graded. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/united-states/american-eagles-and-bullion-coins/76/