• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1801 Thomas Jefferson Metal 1 1/4 inch

7 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ken West said:

Do they have any value? I Can’t find out much on this size. 1801 Thomas Jefferson 1 1/4 inch metal looks Bronze colored.

It is necessary to post images in order for people to give you responsive answers.

Looks like they aren't terribly spendy. I'm seeing sold items for $4-6 on EB. Of course, I do not know anything about these tokens at all, so I would not take my assessment as definitive.

It's a copy of a Native American Peace Medal. It could have been made by a private company or individual, but I also seem to recall reading that the US Mint struck copies for collectors.

I'd say private company, a US Mint produced copy would be struck up much better than that.  The Mint had the original dies and equipment.  Their copies would have been nearly or the same quality as the distribution pieces.