• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gallery Mint Pieces – Large Cents, ½ C, Colonials, Concept Dollar – on eBay. No Reserve, start at 1c

1 post in this topic

Hi Gang:

I put up 5 lots of Gallery Mint Pieces on eBay. No Reserve, starting at 1c per lot (4 of the 5 listings have multiple coins).

Sounds great! But after 1 day, none of the lots have even one bid (that’s right – no one wants to cough up even one cent for these, even though I offer free USPS Priority Mail shipping!).

The reason is: these coins have to be listed in the “Fantasy Coins” section of Exonumia, so as not to violate eBay’s policy on fake coins. Ridiculous of course, since these fully comply with US laws, but whatever. So I’m guessing no one even looks in that section.

I’m not going to cancel the auctions because I believe in the free market. But that also means you might get 11 Gallery Mint pieces worth hundreds of dollars for as little as 5 cents, including delivery. (I hope not, but that’s the risk).

Here are the links to the auctions:

Link to 5 No Reserve eBay auctions - Gallery Mint Coins.  Starting at 1 cent

If the link doesn't work, you can search for seller "DaveWcoins" on eBay, or search for "Gallery Mint"

1786 and 1787 GMM colonial copies obvs.jpg

1787 GMM replicas - revs.jpg

1793 1c GMM obvs.jpg

1796-GMM 4 piece obvs no flip.jpg

1995 GMM Concept dollar obv.jpg

1995 GMM Concept dollar rev.jpg