• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1991D penny with a Lincoln memorial printed on the obverse

4 posts in this topic

Here I believe is a 1991 D with what appears to be the reverse linocln memorials columns showing up very strongly . This seems to be printed on the right side of the obverse. 

The reverse is .... I don't know what? It looks like a lamination sort of problem.... 

Any words on this I haven't researched yet... IMG_20180526_082559428.thumb.jpg.d4d82b98e9bdf9b215d8f6e4bb8b1ba0.jpg

IMG_20180526_082631826.jpg

IMG_20180526_082624432.jpg

Rev appears to be covered with glue, I would strongly suspect the obverse anomaly is also the result of a reverse pressed into glue on the coin.

If what Conder suspects is true, next time your at Wal-Mart or Home Depot, pick up an inexpensive quart of 'acetone' and give this cent a quick soak in a well ventilated area. If glue, the acetone should dissolve it and you will have your answer at hand.