• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anybody seen this CUD/MDB on the 2017 Dime yet?

5 posts in this topic

So I think I found something special here. It looks like a grasshopper as long as it's not real super close. Have any of you seen it yet? I looked online and saw a similar, but not same, Dime on Pinterest but the page was no longer available. Maybe because I'm not a member? Thoughts? Anyone? There are other errors on the coin. It has DB's at the mouth, brow, and lower band and Olive Stem-but many over the past few years have all those together. It also has a DC on the flame. And is a Matte finish, I think. But this is the 1st time I have seen that  blob there. 0429180352c-1.thumb.jpg.5c68deab238c9901438eb41a42aa03c0.jpg

0429180429.jpg

0429180430a-2.jpg

It's a fair sized die chip, but not a cud. In order to be a cud it has to include the edge of the coin. Whether it has been seen before or not I have no idea.

4 hours ago, Conder101 said:

It's a fair sized die chip, but not a cud. In order to be a cud it has to include the edge of the coin. Whether it has been seen before or not I have no idea.

Cool. I did not know that. Although I debated it with a snotty girl on FB a while back, only because the glossary from Heritage doesn't mention that and only says something about a DC becoming really large. But since you're the 2nd person to say it, and were much nicer about it, I shall change my thinking on the subject. I just like the word blob anyway. Lol! So  major die break and a is the same as a CUD? Or something different altogether?

How do I find out if it is  recognized error yet or not? I'm sure I'm not the only one to have one like this, just maybe nobody has reported it yet?

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

It's just a bug munching on the oak leaf. Squish it and wipe it off with a tissue.

Hahahaha! That's what I thought too. Feed it to the snake! They eat grasshoppers, right? Idk?