• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you tell me what's up with this nickel, please?

3 posts in this topic

I've posted this on another page and dude just was rude about it and didn't tell me anything about it. I see it's different, but that's all I know. You guys seem most knowledgable, and much nicer, of the other sites I've looked at, so what do you think.  I have a cool penny too, but have to wait, I think, to post it. Thanks!!!

0125182150.jpg

0125182150a.jpg

0125182149_Burst01.jpg

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you encountered someone rude on another site.  We're not like that here.  As far as your nickel, it just looks like a regular 1923 Philadelphia Mint Buffalo Nickel that has seen circulation and has some corrosion.  I don't know if you're looking for pricing on your coin, but it's not going to be worth too much, maybe a couple of dollars.  It's difficult to determine a grade level from the photos provided, so that's the best I can tell you at present.  If you found it in circulation, that's a cool find! You don't see those out in the wild very often. 

I hope this helps you, at least a little bit!

~Tom

2 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you encountered someone rude on another site.  We're not like that here.  As far as your nickel, it just looks like a regular 1923 Philadelphia Mint Buffalo Nickel that has seen circulation and has some corrosion.  I don't know if you're looking for pricing on your coin, but it's not going to be worth too much, maybe a couple of dollars.  It's difficult to determine a grade level from the photos provided, so that's the best I can tell you at present.  If you found it in circulation, that's a cool find! You don't see those out in the wild very often. 

I hope this helps you, at least a little bit!

~Tom

Thanks Tom. We found it in some of my Dad's coins. With all the old coins he had, I was hoping to be set for life,  but so far they're just old , worn out coins. But I'll keep them all anyway. This one bwing a kissing Indian coin, I thought for sure.....Oh well, such is my luck. But am glad to know.