• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One sided NCS conservation result

6 posts in this topic

these images do not do it complete justice.  The fingerprint across the bell is much improved.  The color is also much more muted.  The new, conserved coin is the Top image.  I did this for the hope the coin would receive a STAR due to the amazing obverse this coin has.  

Coin1295(1).jpg

The color on the reverse is too dark on the newly conserved image.  It is quite a bit lighter than the original.  I will take my own photo for reference.  I personally enjoy the obverse but the reverse was less appealing for sure

I don't see the difference.... 

The obverse is really nice, but I hate fingerprint toning so I'd avoid this piece myself. The reverse precludes this coin ever getting a star. 

What holder is the coin in? That's not an NGC holder. 

newly in NGC, crossed from PCGS.  Yeah the fingerprint was awful... that was the reason to conserve.  here are some pics from myself.  If any of you were wondering, its a straight MS-66.  my photos are a much better representation of its appearance which is why I was please with the result.  

WIN_20180303_11_03_29_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180303_11_03_19_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180303_11_03_16_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180303_11_03_04_Pro.jpg