• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jim reamsbottom

2 posts in this topic

20180107_212844.jpgi was willed this coin and it was encased in 1 once of gold and 40 pearls .  the quality and the rim is better then what i found online. the rim is raised and is excessively deep and it appears to be double stamped  . is there any information on this rim and i cant find a d mark . is it a possible proof coin . was removed from encasemen tfor pictures .

10 hours ago, jim reamsbottom said:

20180107_212844.jpgi was willed this coin and it was encased in 1 once of gold and 40 pearls .  the quality and the rim is better then what i found online. the rim is raised and is excessively deep and it appears to be double stamped  . is there any information on this rim and i cant find a d mark . is it a possible proof coin . was removed from encasemen tfor pictures 

If you looked to the left of the arrows on the reverse and didn't see a D it's probably a Philadelphia minted coin 

If the coin was proof I don't think it is now 

The rim is a reeded coin bezel common in making coins into jewelry