• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1907 indian cent

7 posts in this topic

"The Coin Dealer Newsletter" lists this coin with a value of $1 in Good and $1.50 in VG. When I was dealer I would pay 50 cents and sell them for 90 cents almost always in bulk. Quite often my customers were flea market dealers who packaged them up and sold them as singles for much higher prices. They even bought my culls for 40 or 50 cents each.

Sorry, but this is a very common date, and the 1907 has the highest mintage of all the Indian Cents. It's an interesting example of a coin from our past, but it does not have a large collector value.

17 hours ago, World Colonial said:

This coin is worth $2?  Sorry, but seems hard to believe it's even worth that.

I was being generous to a point of not letting the OP hit the ground hard with the value.

1 hour ago, WoodenJefferson said:

I was being generous to a point of not letting the OP hit the ground hard with the value.

Understood. 

Checking completed eBay sales over the last three months, there are many sales for $1 or less, with shipping. 

Back when I used to visit local coin shops, I believe the Red Book price for the most common dates in "Good" was $.75 and "VG" was $.95.  This would have been around 1977.  I don't remember the date but my recollection is that I bought a VG for the Red Book price.

Yes the value is low, but this is a very nice coin for the grade,Surfaces smooth and practically nick free and the color is exceptional.  It would say it is choice for the grade and a coin that would be a pleasure to own.