• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

candice dodge

3 posts in this topic

I have found a small box of old foreign and US coins that I have no idea what they are. i also noticed that 3 or 4 of them have a hole punched inthem and 1 Hawaiian coin has a raised protrusion on it.It appears to be of the same metal the coin is made of . I just dont understand . DO i grade my own coins? I noticed there are a lot of different levels. Or do I send them to someone? Sorry about all the questions. I am as green as grass.

No problem being green, we all were at one time.  Can't really tell you about a whole box of coins, but if you can provide pictures we can answer questions individually.  On the holed coins, do they appear to be made that way or does it look like someone punched or drilled holes in them later?  The Hawaiian may have been used as jewelry at some time, can't really say without seeing it.  On other bit of advice, don't post and ask questions about more than one or two coins per thread.  Otherwise it can get confusing which coin answers are for.