• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 posts in this topic

Good morning,

I realize that the feature of listing one's NGC slabbed coins is a way to increase your profits and give your subscribers a way to list their NGC inventory. That's a good thing. Win/win

I suggest you consider offering a fee-based option on your database for subscribers who have coins that are not NGC graded, or raw.

Benefits:

1. It will increase your profits.  As a collector, I would be willing to pay $20 or even $25 a month for this database. IMO a licensed dealer would be happy to pay double. 

2. Your network will grow, have more varied discussions, and you'll have more subscribers paying to list their raw (or other slabbed) coins.

3. This should increase your slabbing business because more folks will be exposed to the benefits of a slabbing a coin. After all, if it's worth slabbing, it's going to be slabbed.

4. If you offer this, many (if not all) of your present coin collecting subscribers will tell their collecting buddies to join (for all the obvious reasons). This (in turn) will give more licensed dealers the incentive to join your network and pay to subscribe to the database (because it's worth it to everyone involved). Everyone wins. You (more profit and applause), dealers (more profits), and the collectors (access to more collectors with the same interests).  It is very rare to achieve a triple win. This would do it. 

You already have the database. All you need to do is add fields, give subscribers the (fee-based) option, and a form for subscribers to make the monthly payments (in advance). 

All you need to do is announce this in your various newsletters etc. and collectors (like me) and dealers alike will be spreading the word to their collecting (and dealer) friends. Everyone will profit (one way or another), and you will grow CONSIDERABLY on the world-wide "good guy" list for offering this service....  And just image having two or three thousand paying subscribers.  :)

Regards,

Charles

jdcc4u@mail.com