• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boys Town Unc Gold $5 went from Back order to Sold Out Today at 2:50 EST Lowest Mintage

3 posts in this topic

Will anyone care?  Someone will. 

Will enough real collectors care to make it a real "key" date in the modern commemorative series?  No

There is no significance to any future "key" date status from this series.  Too many low mintage coins and many more from First Spouse.

My prediction is that decades from now, outside of temporary promotions to dupe unsuspecting speculators, most of these coins will be mostly forgotten, deservedly lost in obscurity for the irrelevant numismatic items that they are.

I have an example of this coin in Proof. Frankly I don't care about the Uncirculated version although I'm sure a huge promotion is in the offing. Unless you are truly interested in the Uncirculated finish on this coin, it's too late to buy one at a decent price. All of the profits will got to the promoters and flippers. You will be left buried in the coin if you pay a big price for one.