• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom

3 posts in this topic

I'm starting a collection of Standing Liberty Quarters.  I have found a lot of Certified coins show an Abreviation "FH".  What does that mean.  I would think it might be Full Head, but I would think a Certified NGC or PCGS NS65 would already have a "full head" in order to get that high of a grading.  A comment or two would be appreciated.  Thanks

FH does mean Full Head, and no it is possible to get a very high numeric grade without being a full head coin.  It would probably be MS-68 before a full head would really be "required" to make the grade.  But it can be present in lower grade coins as well.

7 hours ago, Conder101 said:

FH does mean Full Head, and no it is possible to get a very high numeric grade without being a full head coin.  It would probably be MS-68 before a full head would really be "required" to make the grade.  But it can be present in lower grade coins as well.

Thanks for the reply.  I have never been a big collector on this type of coin and I'm just getting started with this.  I appreciate your help.

Tom