• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Die Cracks on 1944S Jefferson

4 posts in this topic

Going through my coins from a recent submission.  I have a MS66 1944S jefferson.... really deserves a STAR designation, but it has 3 large die cracks.  The first goes from the eye to chin, the second runs from 12 oclock down to right, and the third, is from 6 oclock and runs up and to the right.  Images included.  

Sun Aug 13 17-04-39.jpg

Sun Aug 13 17-05-02.jpg

Sun Aug 13 17-06-28.jpg

Can you show us a picture of the whole coin? Why do you think it deserves a Star? 

The die cracks are interesting, but fairly common. The dead president series often develops cracks at the top of the skull and at the bottom of the bust. 

1 hour ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

Can you show us a picture of the whole coin? Why do you think it deserves a Star? 

The die cracks are interesting, but fairly common. The dead president series often develops cracks at the top of the skull and at the bottom of the bust. 

I wish I could.  I am not able to take photos that match the coins color, or any coin for that matter.  the cert is 2726934-001 but i am always unimpressed with NGC's photos.  they are dark and do not represent what the coins look like.  I have a few of the star NGC war nickels and some are worse than this one.  I guess the star giver was out the day this got done.   I can do an ok job in small parts with zooming microscope, but I need better technique for photos.