• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$20 Gold Double Eagle

7 posts in this topic

I purchased three of the above coins from the National Collectors Mint when they were being advertised as "legal tender" and stated as such on the COA. I know they aren't but these were made before the ruckus with certain US government agencies that took a very dim view of the whole thing and forced them to put "COPY" on the majority of the total minted. Mine do not have the word "copy" stamped on them. I'd like to know if you would consider slabbing them.

805791-eb1012.jpg805792-eb1011.jpg

805797-p.jpg

Didn't think you would Jay, but had to ask. Northwest, I'm sure you're right. Have 3 of the $20 eagles and two of the concept nickels for SEGS. I'll put up pics of them here shortly.

How's this for a ugly Jefferson? Wouldn't ask you to ruin a NGC slab for this thing!!! 27_laughing.gif

808572-a001.jpg808573-a002.jpg

I think the Karel Hejda concept five cent piece is a great token. Do you think NGC may end up slabbing that token in the future if it ever appears in a standard token reference? Seems like a reasonable idea.

Hoot

At this point, NGC does not slab this type of material. Perhaps, this will change some time in the future, but I would not hold your breath on this one.

Before it would be accepted for certification it would need to be published in a catalog that we recognize, such as Rulau's reference or Hibler and Kappen, should that book ever be updated to include more modern issues of "So-Called" like materials other than Dollar sized medals.

893blahblah.gif