• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Board Change - Migration

1 post in this topic

Just some feedback on the recent change. 

First, I never received any email notification.  I knew the migration was going on, but I don't log in that regularly so I didn't pay much attention.  Today I decided it was time to track down the new board and log back in.  And track it down was exactly what I had to do as I could find no link or instructions on the old board.  Kind of like Roanoke.  Everything abandoned and no clue as to where everyone went.

After finding the new board, I found I couldn't login. The system would not recognize my email.  After messing around with it for a while, I finally decided to just create a new account.  Not like I was going to lose many posts or anything, since I do much more reading here than posting.

So I created a new account using the exact same email and user name I did when I originally created the account some years back.  After submitting the information I received an email asking I verify the account, which I did.  And guess what?  All my original information miraculously reappeared.

So I just thought I'd let the administrators know you may have some prior users like myself out there trying to figure out where the board went, and why they can no longer log in if and when they do find it.