• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could someone please tell me again!

3 posts in this topic

Leo, I would assume that many of the users/buyers of Heritage auction web pages do not, as a rule, peruse eBay. And the reverse may be the case also. Heritage might be thinking that the extra exposure may increase bidding on some of the coins in their auctions, and one must sign up (join) Heritage prior to being able to bid. Once a member, why go thru eBay to bid on something you want when you can do it on Heritage site? This is only a guess but logically answers the question. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think Leo was wondering why the bids don't match. Often a particular coin will get bid on on the Heritage site but still show the opening bid on ebay. I've never figured out that myself. Maybe ebay is a one-way street and bids on the Heritage site never get entered on ebay.

I noticed last night as I was browsing ebay that many of the ebay auctions still had 8 hours to go but also listed a final price and that the coin sold to a floor bidder. If the live auction was already over, why was the coin still on ebay with hours left to bid?