• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with possible FBL for Franklin Halves

7 posts in this topic

Good Morning All,

Newbie here again. Can someone tell me if the following B. Franklin's are FBL or not FBL? Also why or why not FBL?

These are my favorite, and my reason for starting to collect coins. 

Thank you in advance for your comments (this is how I learn).

1957 Front I.JPG

1957 Rear.JPG

1961 Front I.JPG

1961 Rear I.JPG

1962 Front.JPG

1962 Rear.JPG

1963 Front.JPG

1963 Rear.JPG

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/125538-wyntk-full-bell-lines-on-franklin-half-dollar-fbl/

Here is a link to a WYNK section of the boards, for some strange reason the images are links also and did not show up, maybe it's just me.

Good luck

I'm a little late to this thread, but the FBL designation is not used on Proof Franklin halves because weak strike is not an issue with the Proofs, and virtually all are FBL.

On 2/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, WoodenJefferson said:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/125538-wyntk-full-bell-lines-on-franklin-half-dollar-fbl/

Here is a link to a WYNK section of the boards, for some strange reason the images are links also and did not show up, maybe it's just me.

Good luck

Thank you WoodenJefferson

15 hours ago, coinman1794 said:

I'm a little late to this thread, but the FBL designation is not used on Proof Franklin halves because weak strike is not an issue with the Proofs, and virtually all are FBL.

Thank you coinman1794

It is never too late when providing good information to a beginner like me.