• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Classic Commems on Ebay

21 posts in this topic

This wee I put up a Tex-Lex Special.

1937 Texas, MS65 in an old thick NGC slab.

1925 Lexington, NGC MS64. This one I screwed up on the title. I copied the Texas auction and forgot to edit the grade. I didn't notice until a couple of hours later after it already had a bid. I added a notice in the description that I hope will get attention. This one is still way low compared to the Texas so I'm not sure if the title problem is affecting the bids or not.

Thanks for taking a look. Don't forget to bid that Lexington up so I can afford to buy more damaged coins from shady ebay sellers. wink.gif

Tex-Lex on ebay

Thanks for taking a look. Don't forget to bid that Lexington up so I can afford to buy more damaged coins from shady ebay sellers. wink.gif

I'm not shady but I can sell you some damaged coins! devil.gif

Gave your commems a couple of bumps grin.gif

-Hayden

Don't forget to bid that Lexington up so I can afford to buy more damaged coins from shady ebay sellers. wink.gif

Does running a rickshaw fly-by-night coin operation on EBAY count as shady 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Both are very nice...I have them both on my watch list, and may have to spring for at least one of them.

I've been meaning to upgrade my Texas, and I don't even have a Lexington yet.

To be honest, there's a lot more room for bidding on the Lexington now. I noticed that bid just went up a bit on these to $145 and this one is still under $80. I'm sure it will get some more bids in the next four days but I can't help but wonder if my title mis-grade blunder is keeping the people looking for an MS64 away and irritating the ones looking for an MS65. confused-smiley-013.gif

These close tonight and right now Hayden is getting a heck of a deal on the Lexington. You're not gonna let him rip me like that, are you? 893whatthe.gifdevil.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

These close tonight and right now Hayden is getting a heck of a deal on the Lexington. You're not gonna let him rip me like that, are you? 893whatthe.gifdevil.gif

Oh, I'm eyeing both of them hardcore. smile.gif He won't get away with it THAT easily!

(Speaking of which, pls bid higher on my Buffalo, which is also a heck of a deal right now. wink.gif)

kthxbye.jpg

Well, with half an hour left, the Texas seems a bit high to me.

The Lexington is right what I would expect to pay. I might fish at it for a couple more bucks, but I think I may end up letting it slide too.

Oh well, you can't win them all!

Yes, they both did better than I expected. My only fear is that the winner of the Lexington didn't bother to read the whole auction to find out my mistake in the title.

Then again, maybe those commems are moving faster than I thought. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, they both did better than I expected. My only fear is that the winner of the Lexington didn't bother to read the whole auction to find out my mistake in the title.

Then again, maybe those commems are moving faster than I thought. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll have to add that both of your commems did much better then expected,the Lexington went for retail while the Texas went for only about $5 under bid.It appears that you got a small taste of the commem market,and it was pretty tasty wasn't it?If this keeps up I might have to drop my lowball bids and really give you guys some competition! devil.gif

-Hayden

I didn't realize bid was quite that high on the Texas. Unfortunately, the guy that won the Lexington emailed me this morning that he had found the auction with only a minute or so to go and didn't read down far enough before he bid. He didn't see where I corrected the grade and thought it was an MS65. He wanted to back out, and being the nice guy that I am I let him. I figured it was better than just having him return it later.

Anyone want to make an offer on a Lexington? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Why don't you just send a second chance offer?

I've never done one of those. Of course I've never really had the need to before. I've heard that there are a lot of scams associated with bogus second chance offers and most people don't even read them.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to send one out. I wonder if all three of the top bidders thought it was an MS65. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why don't you just send a second chance offer?

I've never done one of those. Of course I've never really had the need to before. I've heard that there are a lot of scams associated with bogus second chance offers and most people don't even read them.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to send one out. I wonder if all three of the top bidders thought it was an MS65. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes,I am aware of that.I've never followed up on any second chance offers myself,but I know that the two I've sent for coins were purchased.You may want to consider contacting the next highest bidder first to find out if he would be interested in it before posting a 2CF.

Or you could just let me have it for $123 delivered and insured. grin.gif

I went ahead and sent a 2nd chance offer to the second high bidder last night. I also followed it up with an email to make sure he knew it was an MS64 and not an MS65. His 24 hours is about over. I guess I can offer it to the next one tonight. I'm willing to go down to the $150 guy, but selling to some cheapskate at $123 postpaid would loose me money. I'll just hang onto it until that big boom in classic commems comes along any moment now...