• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crack a Non NGC Slab and put in airtite or Leave it alone?

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I would like to know if you have a coin in a Non NGC slab and you don't want to send it to NGC to be cross graded, should you still crack the slab and put it into an airtite or just leave it alone in the other Non NGC slab? The reason I'm asking is I know NGC is sonically sealed and that will keep a coin from not toning so quickly. But I don't know about the other TGP slabs and if it would tone quicker or is it just as safe as a NGC slab or an airtite? confused-smiley-013.gif Thanks for any advice on this question or experience with the other TGP's Slabs.

papag

Ken

Depends on what TPG slab it is. PCGS, ANACS, or ICG I'd keep it as is. The other ones I'd consider cracking, but they're probably about as good as an airtite.

First you are thinking of the PCGS board where if it is not in PCGS plastic it is junk thumbsup2.gif all hail.gif PCGS and David Hall all hail.gif PCGS and David Hall

Getting back to the subject I second what Greg said.Unless it is in PCGS plastic then you should crack it for PCGS is the anitchrist wink.gif

Hi Everyone

I would like to know if you have a coin in a Non NGC slab and you don't want to send it to NGC to be cross graded, should you still crack the slab and put it into an airtite or just leave it alone in the other Non NGC slab? The reason I'm asking is I know NGC is sonically sealed and that will keep a coin from not toning so quickly. But I don't know about the other TGP slabs and if it would tone quicker or is it just as safe as a NGC slab or an airtite? confused-smiley-013.gif Thanks for any advice on this question or experience with the other TGP's Slabs.

papag

Ken

If you really want to "keep a coin from not toning" you would crack it out and put it in a kraft paper envelope and put it in a sunny window. smile.gif

Jonathan

Personally, unless the coin is ultra high grade, I would crack the coin out if it is solid for the grade before submission. There are way too many games played amonst the grading services, without exception! So, I would let the coin speak for itself based upon its own merit.