• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1926 d variety

4 posts in this topic

I was going through a roll of 1926 d lincoln cents I got on Ebay a while back. One of the pennies appeared to have another 'd' below the normal 'd'. It was a bit fainter but pretty easy to see. Anyone ever run across something like this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,guy

There is a book called the Cherry Pickers Guide that list all the varities.It does not show a 1926 d/d

you probably have machine doubling. Machine doubling has no value. A picture would help

The cherry picker's guide doesn't even come close to listing all the varieties. The CPG lists a tiny fraction of the most popular varieties.

The master list of varieties is maintained by James Wiles at CONECA. You can find the list here: http://varietyvista.com/CONECA%20Master%20Listings.htm

Unfortunately, CONECA also lists no 1926 D/D varieties.

Perhaps you could take a picture and show us what you see?

well, you got me there. I guess if you want to see non significant varities you can go there. You could also go to NGC Varitey Plus to see if it is a variety that NGC would even certify. Which is an even shorter list than the Cherry Pickers guide. Most people when they ask about a variety are trying to find out if it is worth anything.