• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did the Morgan 1892-CC DPL MS64 Population go from 24 to 18?

4 posts in this topic

NGC:

I was checking the population reports for the Morgan 1892-CC MS64 DPL and they have gone down from 24 to 18 in MS64. Also the total graded population of 1892-CC's in DPL shows a decrease from 72 to 67. The numbers that I have are from 7/29/03 when I entered my 1892-CC MS64 DPL coin in the Morgan PL and DPL section of the NGC Registry.

I was wondering how this came about? Are you buying back old NGC labels like PCGS is doing or just going over the records again?

Regards, Mirrored Morgan

Like Tony the Coin collector say's "Frosted Morgan's are GREAT"

799255-1892-CCMS64DPLOBVERSENGC.jpg.db4ddb1ad89eb1a16c6adb42bb9b41db.jpg

Hello Mirrored Morgan, Check my question that I placed under "ask NGC" that I titled "does NGC collaborate with PCGS on Numbers" that I asked on Tuesday March 29th. The best that I can figure is that people are playing a resubmitting game and that, over time, both NGC and PCGS get a certain number of "returned" inserts. Somehow, again over time, they deceide to redo the numbers in the population reports. I have been told that the numbers are askew in both NGC and PCGS population reports and that those reports should only be used as a guide and not as Gospel truth. Tooooo many people willing to crack out coins and play games----all over money. It is too bad. Hope this helps. Bob [supertooth]

I'm suprised the numbers didn't drop more. I know one coin that's been through PCGS at least 4 times in 62 and 63. Now if you just divide by 2, then you'll be close to real populations on this one in DMPL. That's is a reason they're worth so much, and seen so rarely---