• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long do graders usually last?

6 posts in this topic

Usually from 7 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. 27_laughing.gifacclaim.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifyay.gif

Sounds like happy hour is about 4 hours early at ngc today foreheadslap.gifMaybe a full day of grading moderns 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

That would explain why my last submission came with a note that said "buy more margarita salt"!

popcorn.gif

Way to go, Andrew! Let me know which bar you frequent. The next time I'm in Sarasota, I want to buy you a drink!

Chris

Pretty witty, Andrew ( crazy.gif), but I'm curious about the original question. Grading must be very fatiguing which could lead to early burnout. So, is two years about the average turn-around?

Thanks.

There is no time limit or set retirement age for a grader. Being a grader is just like any other job. First, one must have the aptitude for grading. Secondly, one must have the ability to stay focused and concentrating for 8-10 hours per day in a darkened room under a single light source. Some can easily grade as a career, others can’t tolerate the requirements and might make the decision that grading isn’t for them. Grading is a job that does require a high skill level, high tolerance and the willingness to do the job. For some it comes easy and others it doesn’t. So long as the individual has the “eye” for the job and the ability to be productive, their grading career can be quite extensive.